CCBA Exam Prep
IIBA’s Certification of Capability in Business Analysis, CCBA certification requires a dedicated CCBA Exam prep, an extensive
CCBA Certification training
and a plan to learn and cover the entire syllabus featured for the certification exam. One must not just rely on the BABOK® Guide alone to prepare for the CCBA certification examination, as you can grab hold of other CCBA certification study material, to help you thoroughly understand the concepts of business analysis.
The CCBA certification Toronto enhances your skills and knowledge of the concepts, as well as recognizes your ability to tackle on bigger and complex projects and responsibilities. The CCBA certification course also includes numerous comprehensive workshops that will prepare you for the examination, effectively and efficiently.
The CCBA certification Prep course focuses on the 6 knowledge areas in the BABOK® guide:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Strategy Analysis
- Requirements Analysis and Design Development
- Solution Evaluation
In addition, students will gain thorough understanding of the following perspectives of Business Analysis:
- Strategic Planning
- Business Intelligence
- Systems Analysis
- Business Process Management
In this competitive environment and the challenging job market, professional CCBA certification distinguishes an individual from other applicants and shows their higher worth in terms of education and experience. The credential gives an advantage to Business Analysts as they can establish standing as a knowledgeable, professionally skill, highly experienced with strong foundation of principles and practices.
CCBA certification Prep requires you to practice certain facile steps, which includes an extensive and rigorous examination preparation, to be able to crack the 3.5 hour long examination. The examination features 120 multiple-choice questions which are crafted to test your skills and competency level of Business Analysis concepts and terminology.
Completing the CCBA Course
To obtain a CCBA certification, one must have an intense knowledge of topics besides the prior business analysis experience. With the increasing competition in the field of business analysis, the role of certified Business Analyst has become immensely important. Hence, a respectable CCBA Certification training institute with a legit examination preparation will be of great help while taking on the certification.
What are the steps to get CCBA Certification?
Here are the general steps to follow, if you are looking to earn the CCBA Certification.
STEP 1: Confirm Your BA Experience
To earn the CCBA Certification, you need to meet the following criteria: • Complete a minimum of 3,750 hours of Business Analysis work experience in the last 7 years. • Within these hours, a minimum of 900 hours must be completed in 2 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas, for a minimum total of 1800 hours. • 500 hours must be completed in 4 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas, for a minimum total of 2000 hours. • Complete a minimum of 21 hours of Professional Development within the last 4 years.
STEP 2: Earn Appropriate Professional Development Hours (PDUs)
To be eligible for a CCBA Certification, you must undertake the CCBA training, and earn 21 hours of Professional Development Hours (PDUs). Make sure that the certification training institute is endorsed by the IIBA.
STEP 3: Prepare and Submit Your CCBA Application
In addition to the work experience and PDUs, you must provide and meet the minimum education requirements, and two references – alongside the basic information. Applications are submitted on the IIBA website.
STEP 4: Familiarize Yourself with the BABOK
The Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) Guide is the core study material of the CCBA exam. The examination course is massive – and requires a solid study plan to complete. Using examination tools, such as flashcards, simulators, and mock tests can be of great help. On average, it takes around 5-6 months to effectively prepare for the CCBA exam.
STEP 5: Schedule and Pass your CCBA Exam
Once your CCBA exam application is approved, schedule your examination on the IIBA website. You can always reschedule the exam if you aren’t prepared – or retake the exam within one calendar year if you do not pass it.
- 8 Weeks
- Education Edge is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider®. Our course content and material has been built based on IIBA standards along with input from industry experts in addition to our own experience of helping hundreds of professionals score above proficiency on their first attempt.
- Tips and guidance for completing IIBA CCBA® Exam Application Process.
- All our CCBA® Exam course material is delivered by CCBA® certified, industry professionals, having many years of management and consulting experience working for Fortune 500 Companies.
- Weekly exams / quizzes to assess comprehension and absorption of material to identify and address gaps before moving forward.
- 3 full scale exams during the course and another 4 once the course completes to gauge your readiness to sit for the exam.
- Access to our student blog to leverage discussions, interactions and advice from past students who have successfully cleared the exam.
- Experience sharing session from students who have cleared the CCBA® exam in recent months.
- 40 PDUs to fulfill the application requirements or to renew your credentials or other existing certificates.
The Business Certificate of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA®) designation is a professional certification for individuals with at least 3,750 hours of hands-on BA work experience.
To earn the CCBA certification, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete a minimum of 3,750 hours of Business Analysis work experience in the last 7 years.
- Within these hours, a minimum of 900 hours must be completed in 2 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas, for a minimum total of 1800 hours.
- 500 hours must be completed in 4 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas, for a minimum total of 2000 hours.
- Complete a minimum of 21 hours of Professional Development within the last 4 years.
- Provide references.
- Sign the CCBA® Code of Conduct.
Exam details for the IIBA-CCBA designation:
The CCBA® exam has 130 multiple choice questions to be completed in 3 hours. The questions are scenario-based which means that there is a certain level of analysis required to arrive at the right answer.
Are there any possible substitutions to the application requirements?
No, you must meet all of the requirements as outlined in the CCBA® Handbook (as applicable) to be eligible to write the respective exam.
Will IIBA be very severe verifying experience?
Exam candidates and designation recipients may be audited to verify/validate work experience and other information provided in the application.
What are the criteria used to validate experience?
Work experience must be related to business analysis, performing tasks as per A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide). See the CCBA® Handbook for complete guidelines.
What qualifies for the 21 hours of required training in the past four years?
All IIBA endorsed courses qualify for the Professional Development requirement. Other courses may qualify as long as they meet the professional development criteria specified in the handbooks.
Am I eligible to appear for CCBA exams or whether this is the right certification for me?
Please send in an email to email@example.com and we will call you to discuss further.
Have more queries or questions?
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happy to answer you!
Kristijan Ivasecko, PMP
Todd Felkai, PMP
Mike Joel Morton
Manmohan Sharma, PMP