The Project Management Professional (PMP)® Training is considered as an investment in your career and one has to undergo a lot of serious studies and training. It is always recommended to obtain a certification as the company hires a highly qualified professional as it is sure about the candidate’s productivity and profits.
The prestigious credential is offered the globally renowned Project Management Institute (PMI)®, and is designed to showcase holder’s skills, knowledge and expertise in the field of project management. Organizations from across the world tend to hire certified project managers.
The demand for the Project Management Professionals has made the
rise drastically. People want this certification to raise a ladder of the organization and consequently obtain developed skills and knowledge along with great rewards and pays.
focuses on 10 knowledge areas and 5 processes as defined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)® Guide Version 6:
- Monitoring and Controlling
The PMP® exam is indeed a difficult one to crack. Not because of the knowledge and massive PMP® Training course one has to cover, but it also tests your ability to implement that knowledge in different practical situations. A good PMP® Training online with an extensive preparation will certainly get you the prestigious PMP® credential on your first attempt.
A good PMP® training is your key to successfully clearing the examination on the first attempt. The training sessions at Education Edge takes you through an extensive preparation journey, which in turn enhances your ability to solve the questions asked in the examination.
A formal training can always help you prepare faster and last minute PMP® training tips and ideas can always help you in cracking the PMP® exam.
The Project Management industry has a competitive environment. The role of a project manager is to be able to carry out a project, effectively and efficiently. The daily tasks of a Project Manager depend on the scope of the industry, field or project. In order to fulfill in-demand business functions and stand out, one needs a combination of appropriate skills, experience and a passion for continued professional development.
On an average, it takes around 2-3 months to completely study the PMP® training and attain certification. A good examination preparation and training program can help you overcome your dream of becoming PMP® certified.
- 6 Weeks
- Education Edge is a PMI REP® and our PMP® Certification Course content and material has been built based on PMI’s standard along with input from industry experts in addition to our own experience of helping hundreds of professionals score above proficiency on their first attempt.
- Tips and guidance for completing PMP® Exam Application Process.
- All course material is delivered by credentialed industry professionals, having many years of management and consulting experience working for Fortune 500 Companies.
- Weekly exams / quizzes to assess comprehension and absorption of material to identify and address gaps before moving forward.
- 2 full scale PMP® Exams during the PMP® Course an additional 3 exams once the course completes to gauge your readiness to sit for the exam.
- Access to our student blog to leverage discussions, interactions and advice from past students who have successfully cleared the exam.
- Experience sharing session with recently certified PMP® Student.
- 40 PDUs to fulfill the application requirements or to renew your PMP® or other existing certificates.
PMP® certification candidates must meet specific requirements to earn the designation.
To qualify for the PMP® credential, candidates must have one of the following sets of education and experience:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate degree or global equivalent), with a minimum of five years/60 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 7,500 hours were spent leading and directing project tasks + 35 hours of project management education.
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or global equivalent), with a minimum of three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience during which at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing project tasks. + 35 hours of project management education.
If a candidate meets one of the above requirements, they can proceed to the next step of the PMP® application process where you will provide details about your experience and formal training.
To maintain your PMP® Certification, you must earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years.
Candidates must take the PMP® certification exam within twelve months of their application being approved. The exam consists of 200 multiple-choice questions and lasts four hours.
Here is a breakdown of the major knowledge domains covered within PMP® Exam Prep, with an approximate percentage of how many questions are dedicated to each domain:
- Initiating (13%)
- Planning (24%)
- Executing (31%)
- Monitoring & Controlling (25%)
- Closing (7%)
At a high level, the PMP® application process involves the following steps:
- You submit an online application for the exam to PMI®. PMP® Application review and guidance on how to fill up the application is provided as a part of PMP® Exam Prep.
- PMI® reviews your application and if it is determined to be complete, PMI® will send you an email to submit the exam fee. Your application approval is valid for one-year from the date you receive the approval email.
- After you pay for the exam, PMI® will send you an email indicating one of the following next steps:
- Examination scheduling instructions to help you schedule your examination.
- Application has randomly been selected for PMI® audit process. At Education Edge, we support our participants in addressing PMP® Application audit by providing insight and guidance.
- If you receive exam scheduling instructions, you can go ahead and schedule your exam with Prometric.
- If your application is selected for an audit, PMI® will provide you the follow-up instructions to comply with the audit.
Note: If your application is selected for an audit, your one-year eligibility clock stops, and would restart only when you successfully clear the audit.
How many questions are asked in the PMP exam?
The PMP examination is comprised of 200 mutually-exclusive, four-option, multiple-choice questions.
How can candidates apply to sit for the exam?
Candidates must complete an application. Candidates are encouraged to apply online at pmi.org. Once started, the application may not be cancelled but may be saved unfinished. It will remain open for 90 days.
How long does it take for PMI to process the application?
Online applications are typically processed within five business days. Individual applications submitted by mail take approximately 10 business days. Once the application and fee have been processed, PMI will electronically send the Examination Scheduling Instructions, confirming that the applicant is eligible to take the exam.
Eligibility is good for one year from the day that the application was approved. The exam may be taken three times within the eligibility period should applicants not pass on the first attempt.
How do candidates schedule time to sit for the exam?
Once eligible to take the exam, the examination scheduling instructions received from PMI will instruct the applicant to contact Prometric at www.prometric.com to select a date and location for taking the exam. The PMP exam is a computer-based exam and may be scheduled by applicants at any time available at any of the Prometric sites.
Information about site locations and scheduling may be found at Prometric’s website. Select the “Professional Licensure and Certification” for test type and “Project Management Institute” for testing program.
What if a candidate has to cancel after scheduling the exam?
You may reschedule or cancel your exam if done at least two full days prior to your exam date. However, canceling or rescheduling the exam within 30 days of a scheduled exam date will incur a rescheduling fee. Be sure to confirm the cancellation/rescheduling guidelines with Prometric when scheduling the exam.
What if candidates do not pass the exam?
Candidates who do not pass the exam may retake the exam two more times for a total of three times within one year of application approval. If candidates are not able to pass the PMP certification exam within their one-year eligibility period, they must wait one year from the date of the last attempt to reapply for the PMP credential. Applicants who chose to apply for a different PMI credential, such as the Certified Associate in Project.
Am I eligible to appear for PMP or whether this is the right certification for me?
Please send in an email to email@example.com and we will call you to discuss further.
Have more queries or questions?
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happy to answer you!
Timings: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Virtual / On-Line
- DAY 1 – Sat. 25-Apr-20
- DAY 2 – Sat. 02-May-20
- DAY 3 – Sat. 09-May-20
- DAY 4 – Sat. 16-May-20
- DAY 5 – Sat. 23-May-20
- DAY 6 – Sat. 30-May-20
Timings: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Virtual / On-Line
- DAY 1 – Sat. 13-Jun-20
- DAY 2 – Sat. 20-Jun-20
- DAY 3 – Sat. 27-Jun-20
- DAY 4 – Sat. 04-Jul-20
- DAY 5 – Sat. 11-Jul-20
- DAY 6 – Sat. 18-Jul-20
- DAY 7 – Sat. 25-Jul-20
Stay Tuned, Coming Soon!
Kristijan Ivasecko, PMP
Todd Felkai, PMP
Mike Joel Morton
Manmohan Sharma, PMP