Scrum Master Certification
and Agile Certification
The Agile Scrum practice is rapidly being accepted and adopted as the approach of choice for most organizations to execute their projects. Organizations are mandating that project teams become practitioners with a Scrum Master Certification (PMI-ACP or Certified Scrum Masters through Scrum Alliance).
Although this approach is rooted in software development it has now spread into most industries including banking, telecom, government, utilities, etc. and it is being applied to all types of projects from infrastructure, product development to application migrations.
Organizations have adopted this approach to varying degrees. While some are executing fully Agile, others have taken as a hybrid approach to ease the teams into this new environment – the question is not whether or not it will be fully adopted it’s just a matter of time.
Scrum Master Certification and
Agile Certification course
Agile has been touted as a means to managing change, reducing time to market, eliminating waste and attracting and maintaining customers. This Scrum Master Certification and Agile Certification course covers the Agile practice in projects, product and software development.
The courses is intended for anyone requiring an understanding of Agile, from organizational leaders looking to better understand the value of Agile practices to team members working in an Agile environment.
The Scrum Master Certification course is based on PMI’s Agile Certification by professional Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) credential that focuses on your knowledge of agile principles, practices, tools and techniques across agile methodologies.
The Scrum Master Certification and Agile Certification course content focuses on:
- Core concepts of Agile practice
- Understanding and applying the core Agile values and principles
- How Agile differs from the traditional SDLC / Waterfall Approach
- What are the roles, skills and competencies required
- Agile techniques and tools (Kanban, RUP)
- How to engage customers into an Agile project
- Handling changes on Agile projects
What are the benefits of Scrum Master Certification?
Given the growing Scrum industry, being a Scrum master in 2021 can provide employers with verifiable proof that you have Scrum knowledge. The Scrum Master certification can help you understand the importance of self-organization in the following areas:
- Participating in team activities and having a sense of leadership
- Create a collaborative environment that will benefit the company’s success.
- Maintain your own motivation to improve the team’s overall performance.
- With the help of taught skills and experience remain undisturbed by external and internal distractions.
Obtaining a Scrum master certification in 2021 will assist you in seamlessly managing projects by allowing you to quickly identify which duties your organisation should keep and which should be adjusted based on the individual requirements. You can also have a separate profile page on Scrum Alliance where you can display your achievements and upload a custom logo.
Ready to get
today? Find the best CAPM, CBAP, PfMP, and PMP Exam prep and certification courses right here!
- 4 Days
- Education Edge is PMI-REP®. Our course content and material has been built based on PMI’s standards along with input from industry experts, in addition to our own experience working as Agile Practitioners, Coaches and helping clients implement and adopt the Agile Approach.
- All course material is delivered by expert Certified Scrum Trainers (CST®) from Scrum Alliance® with years of consulting and corporate training experience.
- Interactive classroom training sessions, case studies and workshops.
- Access to question bank and exam engine to gauge your readiness to sit for the exam.
- Guidance throughout PMO-ACP exam application process.
- 21 PDUs to fulfill the application requirements or to renew your credentials or other existing certificates.
To qualify for the PMI-ACP credential, candidates must meet the following requirements in terms of education and experience:
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
Candidates must take the PMI-ACP certification exam within twelve months of their application being approved. The exam consists of 120 multiple-choice questions and lasts three hours.
Here is a breakdown of the major knowledge domains covered by the PMI-ACP exam, with an approximate percentage of how many questions are dedicated to each domain:
- Agile Principles and Mindset (16%)
- Value-driven Delivery (20%)
- Stakeholder Engagement (17%)
- Team Performance (16%)
- Adaptive Planning (12%)
- Problem Detection and Resolution (10%)
- Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People) (9%)
To maintain your PMI-ACP, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years.
How is the (PMI-ACP)® different from other AGILE/SCRUM Certifications?
If you are new to Agile, we recommend taking our Certified Scrum Master Course. For project managers in the IT industry, learning the fundamentals, terminology, practices and principles of the roles of the Scrum Master or Scrum Team Member is a great introduction to the larger Agile framework.
Additionally, there is no experience prerequisite for the Certified Scrum Master exam, which consists of 25 questions and is administered on a “no fail” basis. By contrast, the (PMI-ACP)® is specifically designed for Project & Program Managers, Product Owners, Scrummasters, Scrum Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Agile Trainers, Sr. Developers, Business and IT Managers with extensive experience in multiple Agile methodologies (Scrum, kanban, XP, lean, DSDM, TDD, ATDD, etc.). General project experience is required in addition to Agile-specific experience and education. The exam is designed to test both the practitioner’s level of professionalism in Agile practices of project management and professional versatility in project management tools and techniques.
What value does PMI-ACP bring to a practitioner?
One of the most important questions in this PMI-ACP FAQ is what value this certification offers. Basically, the certification validates your ability as a practitioner to have extensive knowledge of agile principles and the ability to apply them in your basic projects. The PMI-ACP adds value to a practitioner in the following ways:
- It demonstrates a professional understanding of agile project management.
- It increases your versatility in the various agile techniques and tools.
- It shows that you have the ability to lead teams using the more efficient agile practices
What are the benefits of obtaining PMI-ACP?
Increasingly high demand – Over the last few years, agile certification requirements have increased significantly. More employers are seeking professionals who have proven skills in agile practices.
- Broad coverage – PMI-ACP training is not just restricted to one agile method. Instead, it covers an extensive range of the major agile methods like Scrum, XP and Kanban and many others.
- Better compensation – A person with more skills, especially after having successfully finished a PMI agile course, will earn more compared to those with just average skills. Getting the PMI-ACP is, therefore, a way to get better pay.
- Allows professional growth – Besides the increase in compensation, PMI-ACP allows you to enhance your understanding all the major agile methods.
- Increases job opportunities – When you have PMI-ACP certification you will instantly become more attractive to employers, which will help you advance your career.
What does it mean that PMI-ACP is a competency-based certification?
It means that PMI-ACP assesses the integrated set of knowledge, skills, and abilities that are gained from both practical and learned experience.
Is there any Agile Body of Knowledge (AgileBOK) similar to PMBOK from PMI?
The answer to this widely asked PMI-ACP FAQ is, unfortunately, NO. What is available instead is a list of exam reference books, which is why a PMI-ACP exam prep course is important if you are to pass this certification. Nevertheless, PMI is planning to create a comprehensive Agile Practice Guide in the near future. They will provide it on their PMI site as soon as it is available.
Am I eligible to appear for the PMI-ACP exam or whether this is the right certification for me?
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you to discuss further.
Have more queries or questions?
Please send in an email to email@example.com and we will happy to answer you!