Portfolio Management - PfMP Certification
A Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)® certification demonstrates that an individual is more adept at calculating the risks and benefits, finding solution and aligning them with the organization’s core strategy. Portfolio Management is crucial for an organization as it helps them to organize, prioritize and finance the projects.
Portfolio management is one of the most-effective methods to execute a collection of programs, projects and operations to achieve strategic business objective and in turn ensure profits binding projects within the portfolio. The PfMP® certification trainings helps one to manage and align a portfolio of program and projects to meet strategic objectives.
The PfMP® certification has a course which is designed to help you gain the professional PfMP® credential and become a successful portfolio manager, on your first attempt. The PfMP® certification training has numerous in-depth sessions that will help you enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of portfolio management and has a comprehensive approach that will help you boost your confidence to handle complex projects and portfolio. The training program is also designed to effectively assist you throughout the PfMP Exam prep – for easy understanding and apprehension of the examination course.
The PfMP prep and course is based on PMI’s The Standard for Portfolio Management – 4th Edition that focuses on:
- Understanding the whole process of project portfolio management and how it contributes to organizational success.
- Learning about the benefits of portfolio management.
- Understanding the strategic planning process, tools and techniques.
- Understanding how best to identify and apply a selection criteria to project portfolio components.
- Learning about change and cost management techniques.
- Understanding about stakeholder management techniques.
- Formulating effective project portfolio reports.
Organizations all around the world, demand certified portfolio managers who can easily support strategic objectives and get positive results for projects using their skills and knowledge of portfolio management. If you are an aspiring portfolio manager or senior level executive managing a portfolio, then PfMP® certification is the right choice for you.
- 4 Weeks
- Education Edge is a PMI REP® and our course content and material has been build based on PMI’s standard along with input from industry experts in addition to our own experience of helping hundreds of professionals score above proficiency on their first attempt.
- Tips and guidance for completing PfMP® Exam Application Process.
- All course materials are delivered by PfMP® credentialed experienced industry professionals, having many years of management and consulting career in Fortune 500 Companies.
- Weekly exams / quizzes to assess comprehension and absorption of material to identify and address gaps before moving forward.
- 2 full scale exams during the course and 2 once the course completes to gauge your readiness to sit for the exam.
- Access to our student blog to leverage discussions, interactions and advise from past students who have successfully cleared the exam.
- Experience sharing session from PfMP® cleared Student during the same month.
- 24 PDUs to fulfill the application requirements or to renew your PMP or other existing certificates.
PfMP® certification candidates must meet some advanced requirements to earn the designation.
To qualify for the PfMP® credential, candidates must have one of the following sets of education and experience:
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent) + Minimum eight years (96 months) of professional business experience & Minimum seven years (10,500 hours) of unique non-overlapping professional portfolio management experience
- Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) + Minimum eight years (96 Months) of professional business experience & Minimum four years (6,000 hours) of unique non-overlapping professional portfolio management experience
PfMP Certification Process Overview
You must pass a sequence of evaluations to obtain the PfMP certification. This process takes approximately four weeks to complete.
- Evaluation 1—Panel Review: The initial evaluation occurs through an extensive application review during which a panel of portfolio managers will assess your professional experience based on your responses to the Portfolio Management Experience Summaries provided on the application.
- Evaluation 2—Multiple-Choice Examination: The next step occurs with the multiple-choice examination in which you will be called upon to demonstrate your competence in both situational and scenario-based questions.
Once your application has been approved, it is your responsibility to schedule and sit for your examination within the one-year eligibility period.
To maintain your PfMP, you must earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) in portfolio management topics every three years.
Candidates must take the PfMP® certification exam within twelve months of passing the PMI® Panel Review phase. The exam consists of 170 multiple-choice questions and lasts four hours.
Here is a breakdown of the major knowledge domains covered by the PfMP® exam, with an approximate percentage of how many questions are dedicated to each domain:
- Strategic Alignment (25%)
- Governance (20%)
- Portfolio Performance (25%)
- Portfolio Risk Management (15%)
- Communications Management (15%)
Candidates who do not pass the PfMP® exam on their first attempt may retake the exam up to three more times in the one-year qualification period. Candidates who do not pass the exam after three attempts must wait twelve months from the last exam attempt before reapplying for the PfMP®.
Do I have to be a CAPM, PMP, or a PMI member to apply for other PMI certifications?
No. No one certification serves as a prerequisite for another. You also do not have to be a PMI member to apply to become a certification holder.
What happens if my eligibility expires and I have not taken the exam?
Your application is valid for one (1) year from the date of approval. If you allow your eligibility to lapse, you must re-apply.
If I fail the exam, can I take it again?
If you fail the exam on your first attempt, you can re-take it two more times within your one-year eligibility period. Fees are associated with re-examination. Details for re-examination can be found in the certification handbook.
Why does PMI conduct application audits?
PMI conducts application audits to confirm the experience and/or education documented on certification applications. The purpose of the audit is to enhance the credibility of the certification program and of the certification holders. For each certification, a specified percentage of applications are randomly selected for audit.
How long does the audit process take?
Audit materials will be processed within one week upon their arrival at PMI. Once we review and approve audit materials, you will receive an e-mail containing your eligibility code and exam scheduling instructions.
Am I eligible to appear for PfMP or whether this is the right certification for me?
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you to discuss further.
Have more queries or questions?
Please send in an email to email@example.com and we will happy to answer you!