PRINCE2 Certification reflects a successful method of project management. This credential is the most sought-after and widely used qualification for government sector projects across the United Kingdom. PRINCE2 is an AXELOS Limited registered trademark that stands for PRojects IN Controlled Environments.
PRINCE 2 Certification Levels
PRINCE2 offers two distinct certification levels which are a perfect choice for anyone who manages projects. Let us understand the requirements of this PRINCE2 certification course.
PRINCE2 Foundation Certification
The PRINCE2 Foundation is targeted for any project team member or team lead or product manager seeking to understand the fundamentals of a structured project management methodology. The primary objective of undertaking the foundation-level certification is to ensure that you are equipped with the expertise to be a part of the team and have a detailed understanding of the terms, phrases, and operating method of the PRINCE2 project management process.
- The Foundation certification allows an individual to gain insight into how to function effectively work on projects executed under the PRINCE2 framework.
- Helps you get an overview of the fundamental PRINCE2 methodology and terminology.
- There are no prerequisites for the foundation level certification.
- Although there is no requirement for the Foundation level certification, a basic knowledge of managing projects is preferable.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification
The Practitioner level certification is primarily targeted at senior managers, analysts, and project managers.
- You can customize the principles to suit the requirements of your project.
- You are qualified to manage a team as a Practitioner.
- You can demonstrate practical knowledge of project implementation using the PRINCE2 method.
- Foundation level certification.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- International Project Management Association (IPMA) Level A/B/C/D.
Basics of PRINCE2 Certification Exam
Having understood the prerequisites for PRINCE2 Certification and the differences between the two levels, let us now understand the basics of its certification exam.
- The duration of the exam is 1-Hour.
- The number of questions is 60.
- The passing percentage for this examination is 55%.
- Multiple-choice questions.
- There is no negative marking.
- The types of questions asked in this exam the be a multiple-choice problem with 4 answer options, or fill in the missed word, or pick the 2 correct statement from a 4 statement list.
Benefits of PRINCE2
PRINCE2 is preferred and can be implemented for any project since it is a specific, high-level general framework of the principles of Project Management. Project Management requires a rather well-thought-out and standardized approach to the framework. The method aims to precisely identify the roles and responsibilities of each team member within the project being managed. Once you have dealt with the PRINCE2 Certification training and have acquired the credential – It helps to micro-manage the master project plan by breaking it into, project plans, stage plans, and team plans – removing ambiguity and making the project easy to track and execute.