PMP Certification – Process, Eligibility Requirements and,
Exam Application steps
The PMP Certification is the gold standard in the project management credential. Being the most sought after project management certifications in the world, earning the Project Management Professional (PMP) will increase your salary potential and set you apart as a leader. Here’s everything you need to know about achieving the PMP Certification.
Securing the PMP Certification is a 5-step process.
STEP 1: Fulfil Eligibility Criteria – PMP requires you to meet the domain experience and educational levels before you apply. You need to provide details of the stated experience and/or education. You can find the complete eligibility criteria mentioned below in this article.
STEP 2: Complete Application – Once you have met the eligibility requirements, it’s time to apply. You need to collect the following information –
- Contact Information.
- Education Attained.
- Domain Experience.
- Domain Education.
Note: An application will remain active for 90 days, after which it will close. Plan accordingly.
STEP 3: Application Review – PMI usually takes around 5-10 days to review an application. Once it’s complete, they will e-mail you regarding the next steps. This audit is meant to confirm the domain experience and/or education documented on the application.
STEP 4: Payment – After PMI notifies you that your application is approved – you need to provide payment. Once the payment is received, you will receive an “Eligibility Number” – that you can use to schedule your exam appointment.
STEP 5: Schedule Exam Appointment – This is the final step of the PMP Certification process. PMI will now e-mail you exam scheduling instructions along with your eligibility code. There are two ways by which you can schedule the PMP Exam – online or by telephone.
- Our PMI REP instructors, along with renowned industry experts, have helped hundreds of professionals score above proficiency on the first attempt.
- On point guidance for going through the PMP exam application process.
- Weekly exams/quizzes to assess comprehension and absorption of study material.
- 2+3 Full-scale exams during and after the PMP course completes.
- Access to our student blog and additional study material.
- Experience sharing sessions and seminars with PMP Certification holders.
- 40 Contact hours/PDUs.
|High School Diploma, Associate’s Degree or Global Equivalent|
|Bachelor’s Degree (Four-year Degree) or Global Equivalent|
Become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Becoming a PMI member saves you time and money. It costs USD$ 139 to become one.
- The PMP Certification exam fee costs USD$ 555 for non-members. Whereas the exam cost is USD$ 405 for PMI members.
- Free PMBOK 7th Access to additional PMP Exam prep study material.
Enrol in an online/classroom PMP Certification training program
- 35 Hours/PDUs of PMP training are mandatory if you plan to take on the PMP exam.
Submit your PMP application
- Do not rush through this step. If you are having trouble filling up the exam, seek guidance from a PMI-REP.
- Application Audit. PMI will review and respond to your application via e-mail within 3-5 business days.
- If approved, make payments and schedule the PMP Certification exam.
Schedule your PMP Exam
- You will have one year to appear for the examination post receiving the approval of your application.
- To learn more about the exam centers, please visit Pearson VUE.
Study and pass the PMP Exam
- The PMP Exam prep is quite challenging. It takes around 3-5 months to effectively prepare for the PMP Exam.
- The examination features 200 MCQs with a 4-hour time limit.
- Study and ace the exam.
- Get PMP Certified!