The Project Management Professional is a prestigious project management credential offered by the well-renowned Project Management Institute (PMI). Before we get into the PMP requirements to make sure you are eligible to appear for examination, let us discuss a few basics of PMP.
The daily task of a Project Manager depends on the scope of the industry, field or project. In order to fulfill in-demand business functions and stand out, one needs a combination of appropriate skills, experience and a passion for continued professional development. For any business to be successful, Project Management is essential as it is the core of nearly all daily operations. Project Managers are responsible for grouping skilled workers into teams, constructing and facilitating the execution of all projects, all to meet the company’s goals.
What are some of the major benefits of PMP certification?
- The PMP Credential is applicable in various fields, be it commerce, telecom, technology, research, etc. The credential assists the holder in project management and in turn, gives them a competitive edge over the others.
- As the PMP course focuses on the basic skillset and knowledge of the candidate in the field of project management, it also enhances the skills and helps bring efficiency for several processes in the same field.
- The PMP Certification holders are estimated to get 35% better jobs prospects in the market as compared to the rest of the individuals. Hence, better job opportunities.
- The certification is also highly demanded and is recognized globally. The organizations seek employees with a professional certification that can help them bring professionalism in their projects.
- The most important benefit which everyone looks out for is salary. A professional certification holder receives a massive 16% hike in salary than the average pay rate of individuals.