What is CAPM Certification?
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is an entry-level certification in Project Management. It is a globally recognized certification program offered by the PMI. The certification covers all the fundamental knowledge areas, terminology and processes required to effectively manage projects.
The program is designed for individuals who have limited experience in project management but are looking to broaden and baseline their knowledge and learn best practices in an effort to deliver more value to stakeholders and have the opportunity to work on more challenging initiatives.
On the other hand, you may have the formal education but lack the work experience and thus find it challenging to enter into the field. In this scenario, having a CAPM designation gives candidates the advantage of having baselined their knowledge and distinguishing themselves from others.
Perquisites for CAPM Certification include:
Secondary Diploma with 1,500 hours of Professional experience on a project team.
Secondary Diploma with 23 hours of formal Project Management education.
How to get CAPM Certification?
The certification process is very straightforward. The process includes:
- Meet the eligibility criterion. Collect supporting documents and acquire qualifying Professional Development hours (PDs).
- Register and start the application process. The application once started needs to be completed and submitted within 90 days.
- It takes up to 24 hours to review the application by PMI.
- If selected for an Audit by the PMI, the documents that support claim eligibility need to be submitted within 90 days.
- Make payments for the exam fees.
- Schedule and appear for the certification. The certification consists of 150 multiple choice questions out of which 135 are scored and 15 unscored (Pretests). Allotted time to complete the examination is 3 hours.
- Re-exam is required to maintain the CAPM Certification and must earn 60 PDs every 3 years. The certification is valid for 5 years from the date certification is cleared.
The CAPM exam is based on the content in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide. In addition, a CAPM certification course as well as mock tests, helps applicants to prepare for the examination.
The certificate not only establishes credibility but it gives you the confidence to lead and it opens up more career opportunities.
CAPM is an entry-level certification for people with project related experience to prove their understanding of the basic terminology and principles of Project Management. The certification gives you an edge and helps you to stand out amongst others.
For more information and details on “How to get CAPM certification?” and its process, get in touch with our experts and get a FREE Counselling session.
Call us at 647 620 9490 or write to us on email@example.com