At Education Edge in our PMP COURSE, we provide all the help in every aspect of PMP. Therefore we are now called The One Stop PMP shop. Here are the Guidelines for filling up a PMP application:
Guidelines for filling the application:
1. Please provide only a line about your project. It does not matter what your project is, what matters to PMI is what did you do as a project manager / lead. Use the following blurb as a part of your project description (considering you have only 500 characters, having all the key words below is critical).
The purpose of the project was ——————-. I was accountable for end to end execution of the project.
Developed the Idea creation, project charter and
Identified the stakeholders & developed the project management plan along with subsidiary plans. Managed the budget along with resources, change request & change management. Facilitated resolution of issues & risks.
Delivered the project on time and ensured successful transition along with lesson learned.
2. Have 3 projects, like in the sample application that was sent to you. Please do not overlap the timelines of your project. Steer away from entering just one project or showing you are a part of the program. Based on the historical data, PMI does not seem to like Program content in project management application.
3. The application is simple. however does require around 2 hours. When Dave and I usually fill up the application,s we tend to block some time in our calendars and get it done in one sitting. A library or a Coffee Shop are some places that you can use to fill up my application.
4. This is a project management certification and your role must align with it. Please use Project lead or project manager or program manager for your role. If you are a test lead I will fill up the Role Column as Project Lead / Test Manager.
5. The best practice around allocating hours to various process groups or phases is as follows. Try to keep your hours within the range provided below.
Initiating – 10% – 12% of your project Duration
Planning – 15% – 25% of your project Duration
Executing – 25% – 40% of your project Duration
Monitoring and Controlling – 15% – 25% of your project Duration
Closing – 5% – 10% of your project Duration