12The Project Management industry is a competitive environment. The role of a Project Manager is to oversee business projects and create optimized processes to allow for project goals, timelines and budgets to meet.
The daily tasks of a Project Manager depends on the scope of the industry, field or project. In order to fulfill in-demand business functions and stand out, one needs a combination of appropriate skills, experience and a passion for continued professional development.
Career path to becoming a Project Manager:
- Decide to become a Project Manager.
- Decide which certification to pursue: Project Management has two major certifications. There are different pre-requisites for both and must appear and clear an examination.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM):
Secondary Diploma with 1,500 hours of Professional experience on a project team
Secondary Diploma with 23 hours of formal Project Management education
- Project Management Professional (PMP):
Secondary Diploma with 7,500 hours of leading & directing projects and 35 hours of Project Management education
Four-year degree with 4,500 hours of leading & directing program and 35 hours of Project Management education
- Enroll in a Project Management Course: You must earn your Professional Development hours to fulfill the formal education requirements.
- Prepare and Write the Exam: For both the certifications a study of the PMBOK guide is necessary, which is published by PMI. Study material and mock tests will be useful in order to prepare for the exam. The CAPM consists of 150 and PMP has 200 multiple choice questions.
- Maintain Certification: For CAPM, the applicant needs to take an examination every 5 years to maintain certification and earn 60 PDs every 3 years to maintain PMP Certification.
Many choose Project Management as a career as it provides:
- Better efficiency in delivering project management services.
- Improved customer satisfaction and added value to stakeholders.
- Growth and development opportunities, etc.
For any business to be successful, Project Management is essential as it is the core of nearly all daily operations. Project Managers are responsible for grouping skilled workers into teams, constructing and facilitating the execution of all projects to meet the company’s goals.
For more information and details on “Career path to becoming a Project Manager” and its process, get in touch with our experts and get a FREE Counselling session.
Call us at 647 620 9490 or write to us on email@example.com