Agile Certification has revolutionized the face of software development and project management, with intensified competition for IT practitioners with an understanding of the methodology and the several variants — Lean, Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile, or SAFe, for the enterprise. Several organizations are currently using the methodology which stresses the need for cross-functional teams to work in projects on extremely agile and iterative grounds and numerous accreditations are available to test and evaluate practitioners’ knowledge and skills in the framework.
Why get an Agile Certification?
By introducing Agile, organizations are realizing its benefits that they set out to accomplish. Frequent surveys offer indications that agile adoption is growing wider and deeper. The top reasons given for adopting agile are improved software delivery, enhanced predictability of execution, strengthened IT/Business alignment, and reduced cost of the project. This accounts for the rising demand for IT practitioners that have embraced agile principles and applications strongly. There are numerous benefits of acquiring an Agile Certification –
- Slushpile to shortlist – The Agile certifications will quickly help you bring the recruiters through the resume search. Recruitment databases have millions of profiles accessible and obtaining the right Agile credential effectively attracts potential recruiters’ attention.
- Compensation Leverage – Over some time the Agile certification(s) combined with documented work experience is substantially valuable throughout one’s career. You can use the experience as a tool to leverage compensation while seeking for an interesting opportunity to work in the agile environment or leading Agile projects or programs coupled with high-demand certifications.
- Moving up the ladder – Owing to the complexity of the industry and consumer needs – requirements have now become tougher and dynamic. Completing Agile courses to obtain certification, will help the business/clients handle these waves seamlessly and further generate value.
Top Agile Certifications Available in the Market
- Agile Scrum Foundation
- Agile Scrum Master (ASM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- PMI – Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
- ICAgile Certified Professional
- ICP-Agile Certified Coach
- SAFe Agilist
How to Choose the Right Certification?
There are plenty of Agile certifications accessible for the practitioners to incorporate into their portfolio as evident from the above-mentioned list. Yet, how do you know which credential is the best for you? Well, here are some suggestions:
- You can choose Certified Scrum Master from Scrum Alliance if you’re striving to become a certified Scrum Master from a world-leading organization. With Scrum Framework you will evaluate your Agile skills in an examination. It is also mandatory to undertake 16 hours of in-person sessions.
- If you choose to develop your Scrum mastery skills to a new degree, Scrum.org offers various certification levels such as PSM I, PSM II, and PSM III. The difficulty level increases as you progress through each level. PSM I training is not required but is necessary as you move from one level to the next.
- To understand various Agile credential types such as XP, DSDM, Crystal, Agile Scrum certification to become an Agile professional or practitioner, the PMI-ACP certification would be the best choice.
- If you choose to scale Agile through the enterprise level to enable organizational agility, having a certification from SAFe Agilist may play a crucial role.
Now that you’ve discovered which credential is best suitable for you, the next step in enhancing your career will be to undergo the best Agile training program. Education Edge offers training for different Agile credentials to empower you to develop the necessary skills in Agile. So make a wise call and start your journey of mastering Agile.