The best way to undergo PMP Exam prep is by crafting a solid study plan which is tailored to your experience, expertise, and project management knowledge. Preparing for the daunting certification exam is somewhat similar to preparing for a project. Here are 3 aspects you should consider while preparing your pmp exam study plan –
- Define materials to study.
- Set milestones for knowledge areas and process groups – based understanding.
- Craft a schedule to complete preparing for PMP Certification.
The best practices to follow in your PMP Exam prep
- Thoroughly prepare for the PMP Exam – If you seek to clear the certification exam on the first try – you need to be thorough with the concepts mentioned in the PMBOK guide. 70% of the examination is based on what is featured in this core study material.
- Know how to prepare – Taking on the PMP is more than just reading the PMBOK. It takes dedication, perseverance, and an understanding of what type of learner you are. You need to find out what sources, study pace and learning style is best for you.
- Craft a study plan – Compiling your project management knowledge and experience, along with the PMBOK, is one of the best ways to develop a study plan. Doing so will also help you to determine your weak areas of the subject.
- A PMP Exam schedule – It is essential to identify what you will study, when, and for how long. Also, you need to plan for unforeseen events that require you to manage your study plan accordingly. Make a study schedule and stick to it.
- Additional study materials – If you seek to ace your scores, grab additional study materials besides the PMBOK, which can be a crucial contributor to your success on the exam. Best project management or business analyst certification material can be found here.
- Vocabulary drills – Failing to apprehend the PMBOK guide vocabulary is one of the common reasons for candidates not passing the exam on the first try. It is mandatory to thoroughly study and understand the PMP Course vocabulary.
- Like-minded partners – Without a doubt, it is significantly stronger and more productive to prepare with a partnership or team of like-minded individuals. You can look for a study group or partner via online forums.
- PMP Study notes – PMP Exam study notes do make a difference. You can note down important facts, concepts, and formulas and memorize them. In the exam, being able to write this information down will save you a great deal of time and stress.
- Practice Exams – This is one of the most crucial factors to consider while preparing for the PMP. Solving previous year question papers and mock test can help you get the pace, and the confidence level to tackle the questions asked in the examination. 4
Understand the PMP examination course
To thoroughly understand what is covered in the examination – is the best way to study for the PMP. You can go through the PMP Certification handbook to grasp the basics of the certification exam. The PMBOK guide is your key to successfully clearing the examination (don’t try to memorize it).